Saturday 18 February 2012

Lighting and Welding Practice

Today I replaced the single light bulb in my garage with two fluorescent strip lights. This has made such a massive improvement to the light that I can actually see what I'm doing now!
  
Last week I had some metal box section arrive which gave me the chance to start welding practice. I haven't welded anything for over 15 years and quickly realised I am going to need a lot of practice :-)


Its a good job I have small welding project to practice on. I have designed a build table which will be used to build the chassis upon. Hopefully by the time I have welded the table my welding skills will be good enough to start welding the chassis. If not I'm going to find a welding course.



1 comment:

  1. It’s been almost a year since you posted this, so I’m curious about your progress. I think it’s wise on your part to practice on small projects because mishandled welders can cause all sorts of accidents. I hope you were able to acquaint yourself to the welder, and I wish you success on your project!

    Jeanette West

    ReplyDelete